edwardvan00

Surge Guard 40250-RVC vs Surge Guard 40350-RVC questions...

When researching our transfer switch issues. I came across the question of two red lights being lit on the 40250-RVC ATS. I'll quote from poster in irv2 forum:

"Originally Posted by palehorse89 View PostPer Southwire:
The two red lights should be on. They indicate there is power going into the ATS. One light is for each leg of electricity in a 50 amp supply"

Exactly an answer to the question I had about the 2 red lights on the Newmar 2014 Mountain Air ATS not transferring shore power. I'm assuming this is a normal condition.

Our generator operates and reports to the Silverleaf Electronics Panel correctly because power was coming from the inverter while in storage. The depletion of the house batteries for inverting for about 3-1/2 hours the generator came on to replenish the batteries. Great that was functioning.

The question I have is replacing the Surge Guard 40250-RVC with the now only available, Surge Guard 40350-RVC. I spoke to Silverleaf before ordering the 40350-RVC (from Amazon) if there was any "gotchas" or concerns to the TM102 module that communicates with the transfer switch operations, by either controlling the ATS or just reporting the conditions to the Silverleaf control panel(s)? I was wondering if the Silverleaf system controlled the ATS. The tech rep indicated nothing of the TM102 module should keep the ATS from operating. Replacing the ATS with the new (still waiting) 40350-RVC shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'll find out what variances there are with the 40250 vs the 40350 models. Removing the power reel from the ATS/Power Reel compartment was a challenge in itself. The mechanical removal was fine, but the 12vdc wiring needs to be extended to allow full removal from the compartment and lowered to the ground outside. Poor planning by engineering at Newmar for the DIYer. coolsmiley.gif

BTW there's a lot of electrical stuff tucked behind that wire reel and ATS. Fuses, solenoids, relays, and TM102 RVC module. Images are with power reel removed to the floor level still attached to ATS.

IMG_9748.jpg

2 unnamed.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

1 unnamed.jpg

Edited by edwardvan00
Adding images of ATS and electrical behind Power Reel