Sign in to follow this  
elizabethmeyer

2022 Grand Cherokee toad brake system

Just bought a 2022 Grand Cherokee to tow behind our Tiffin. I want to continue to use my NSA Read Brute Elite surge brake system but am having a heck of a time figuring out where to drill a hole for the brake cable or if I even can drill one in a workable place. NOT a lot of room and what there is happens to be VERY close to the cat converter. I called NSA who has NOT done any 2022s but who pointed me to one of their best installers who was very helpful but who has also NOT done a 2022 either. Going off his latest 2021 GC, he had me pull back the carpet and cut out the rubber liner and insulation to look for certain landmarks and, low and behold, they weren't there because the 2022 changed. alot from the 2021!

So my question is,  has anybody with a 2022 or newer GC run a cable for the NSA product and if so, can you post a few pics of the engine compartment and maybe the interior where the cable comes through? Otherwise, I'm going to have to get a new braking system and break away cable

Thanks, 

Mark

Edited by elizabethmeyer

Figured out a path for the NSA cable. Not much room for error in drilling through the firewall. Also very close to cat converter so bought the NSA heat shield.  So, yes, a WL (new body) GC can befitted with the NSA system.