StellersJay

Power Solutions (Dual Power Adapter)

The Power Solutions website http://www.psrv.net has an adapter that allows a 30 amp motorhome to be plugged into a 30 amp supply and a 20 amp supply and run both ACs at the same time. My 2004 Airstream Land yacht is wired for 30 amps, thus only one AC can be run at a time. When running off the generator, both ACs can be run. The Power solutions dual power adapter utilizes a 20 amp hook-up to run the second AC while running the other AC from the 30 amp supply.

Has anyone use this system? If so, any comments? Would also appreciate any suggestions for installing the adapter.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

This "adapter" is used to hook up a 30 and 15/20 CG outlet to a a 50 amp coach. I don't know how it will interface with your 30 amp and the wiring on your coach. Were you to upgrade your coach to 50 amp shore power, it would work, WITH THE FOLLOWING CAVEAT.

Electric code (for many years) calls for any 15 or 20 amp outlet to be GFI protected. If the 15 or 20 is GFI protected, this device will trip the GFI instantly, so it will not work. Yes, there are some older parks without GFI's where it would work.

Also, please check with a CG before using this-- it will clearly allow the use of more amps than a regular 30 amp connection, so there may be an up charge.

Brett

Brett, thanks for the reply. Power Solution's website says the adapter "works with Ground Fault Interrupter outlets".

I fully agree with your comment on getting permission from the campground before using a second (20 amp) outlet. We spend most of our time at a leased lot in Florida where we are billed directly for electric usage from Florida Power and Light.

Sam

Brett, thanks for the reply. Power Solution's website says the adapter "works with Ground Fault Interrupter outlets".

I fully agree with your comment on getting permission from the campground before using a second (20 amp) outlet. We spend most of our time at a leased lot in Florida where we are billed directly for electric usage from Florida Power and Light.

Sam

Sam,

I just sent them an e-mail asking how their adapter works with a GFI protected 15/20 amp CG outlet. Will post the answer.

Brett