Sign in to follow this  
F391712

Beaudry RV Resort versus Vogager RV Resort in Tucson

Hi everyone. My first post. Trying to manage still working and my hope to retire and travel in 12 months by dreaming and planning our first winter away from New England. We are looking to stay in Tucson during February and March and have looked at Trailer Life, Woodalls and have perused RV Park Reviews and have landed on either Beaudry or Voyager RV Resorts. Beaudry seems like they have larger sites than Voyager but there is a common theme when reading the Beaudry comments on RV Parks Review regarding security and their neighborhood they are located in.

If any of you have stayed at either resort did you feel safe there? Any opinions on Beaudry versus Voyager?

Thanks for you comments, I will keep dreaming!

Harvey and Donna Noel

2004 Tiffin Phaeton

We stayed at Beaudry last year and found it to be a very nice place to stay. The entire area is fenced with limited gated entrances and exits which are closed at night and attended by security personnel. There was also roving security during the night as I noticed when I was walking around at 4:00 in the morning. The neighborhood it's in is mainly commercial with easy access to the interstate. It's very clean, well kept, and I wouldn't have any qualms whatsoever staying there again. Not familiar with Voyager though so couldn't say how the two compare.

Guest BillAdams

Both parks are very nice. I prefer Beaudry for it's location and much larger sites. It is extremely well kept and well run and we stay there usually for about a month twice per year. I have heard that they have had some break-ins and thefts (bikes left unattended, etc.) but they seem to be pretty rare and have never occurred while we were there. Voyager has many more "on-site" activities and the restaurant has been a good consistent place to eat while the Beaudry Restaurant has changed hands several times and is a bit touch and go at this time. For me that's not a big deal as there are plenty of nearby restaurants should that be my desire. Hopefully, you are planning a Winter visit to Tucson as it's pretty dang hot from late Spring until the Fall.

For the areas we like to travel and visit, the Beaudry location is much more convenient.

Hi everyone. My first post. Trying to manage still working and my hope to retire and travel in 12 months by dreaming and planning our first winter away from New England. We are looking to stay in Tucson during February and March and have looked at Trailer Life, Woodalls and have perused RV Park Reviews and have landed on either Beaudry or Voyager RV Resorts. Beaudry seems like they have larger sites than Voyager but there is a common theme when reading the Beaudry comments on RV Parks Review regarding security and their neighborhood they are located in.

If any of you have stayed at either resort did you feel safe there? Any opinions on Beaudry versus Voyager?

Thanks for you comments, I will keep dreaming!

Harvey and Donna Noel

2004 Tiffin Phaeton

We have stayed at Beaudry for the past 2 winters, a super park, very clean and security great, no problems at all, there is a large Mexican population in Tucson but we have felt very safe and shop and eat out and no problems at all. There are no extra planned activities at Beaudry but everyone friendly, lots of bicycles around, a great pool and hot tub and free coffee hour each morning with newspaper. Drove thru Voyager and it is too large, mostly park models and permanent sites and the RV sites are narrow, some no slideouts even, they do have a lot of planned activities however. If you are there stop and look us up, FMCA 252966, and when you drive through Effingham give us a call or spend the night, 217-342-5745

Don and Fran Lowry

Effingham, IL

Guest BillAdams
We have stayed at Beaudry for the past 2 winters, a super park, very clean and security great, no problems at all, there is a large Mexican population in Tucson but we have felt very safe and shop and eat out and no problems at all. There are no extra planned activities at Beaudry but everyone friendly, lots of bicycles around, a great pool and hot tub and free coffee hour each morning with newspaper. Drove thru Voyager and it is too large, mostly park models and permanent sites and the RV sites are narrow, some no slideouts even, they do have a lot of planned activities however. If you are there stop and look us up, FMCA 252966, and when you drive through Effingham give us a call or spend the night, 217-342-5745

Don and Fran Lowry

Effingham, IL

I guess this is a moot discussion. Beaudry RV Resort closed their doors as of last Sunday. This closure is for an indeterminate amount of time. The park may or may not ever re-open. That will be up to the new Beaudry owners.

Guest BillAdams

Thanks (I think)! I do like to give someone a chuckle if I can but sometimes I do it unintentionally. :rolleyes: