Hello, I have a electric Kwikee Series 32 double steps and my plastic gear #2 has stripped out. Rather than buying a whole new assembly motor I google search and came across with a company named Kincor that has made a gear replacement kit, which includes gear #2, the round plastic parts and a supply of high quality grease. The kit part number is BD52, and it retails for around $30 (a fraction of what a new motor assembly costs). Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the contact information for this company. Does anyone know about them? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edgar

Hello, I have a electric Kwikee Series 32 double steps and my plastic gear #2 has stripped out. Rather than buying a whole new assembly motor I google search and came across with a company named Kincor that has made a gear replacement kit, which includes gear #2, the round plastic parts and a supply of high quality grease. The kit part number is BD52, and it retails for around $30 (a fraction of what a new motor assembly costs). Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the contact information for this company. Does anyone know about them? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edgar

Possible option for 49.99 at the Napa Auto Parts Store.

Link to alternate motor replacement

OK - I have been wrestling with my steps for several hours today.

I have had the mechanism apart several times cleaning and re-greasing and cleaning the three ground connections. I do not see any plastic gears on mine - the gears (three including the end of the motor shaft) and their teeth look awesome, but something is still hanging up the steps from retreating once they are extended.

My theory is the motor is moving the steps too far out and something then binds. Cannot see it/find it, but it appears to be there.

I currently have the steps disconnected from the cinch pin and wired in the up position until I can figure it out.

Anyone else had this problem?

Possible option for 49.99 at the Napa Auto Parts Store.

Link to alternate motor replacement

Reply back from Micheladas:

Thank you DeltaDonnie, the article you sent was surely helpful. I went to Autozone and got myself a left front window electric motor for a '93 Ford Taurus just like the article said and problem solved! Althought there is a new motor available now than what the article had originally call for, it comes with a plastic casing instead. It's very similar but I had to do some minor modifications to it.

First, the sprocket on the new motor was not fitting at first so with a dremel tool I went ahead and sanded very lightly the female side of the sprocket to make clearance for the new sprocket. Normally this needs to be done because as the female side of the sprocket wears, it tends to take the shape of the old sprocket.

Second, I had to reduce the length of the center pin on the electric motor to match the old motor pin rod. Using a grinding wheel I reduced down the length to about 1/8" to 3/16" to match the pin length of the old electric motor. This way it will go all the way in when putting it back together. I cleaned the whole assembly with gasoline and then greased every single gear and every outside joint and made work like new again.

I recommend on doing this to anyone that has the #2 plastic gear inside the casing worn down to the point that the step will no longer extend nor retract.