redryder

Norcold LRIM Door Alarm

Hi All!! This the place for some good input from what I have been reading. Now I have a problem with my Norcold LRIM and need your help. The bottom doors do not stay latched even when parked for the night (happened twice). We made sure nothing was against the doors to cause them to unlatch. I do not think there is any adjustment that can be made but I'm not sure about that. The door latches seem to be O.K. If any one else has experienced this or knows of how to fix this problem, please let me know.

Thank you

Dan

I had a similar problem and took the bottom hinge off a shimmed it up with a washer. had to try a couple different thickness of washer but haven't had an issue since.

It wasn't to hard of a job.

After our lower door fell off!, I rigged it back into place then had to shim it with washers - like Brian said, no more problems. The door fell off because we lost a screw in the bottom of the hinge. You can only see this screw when the door is open and you have to be laying under the open door (cool job). Check to be sure the screw is in place and then shim as necessary. Good luck!

Thank you both for your inputs I'll try shimming, by the way was it both doors that you shimmed? I suspect the right door because when I push in on the left door the right door seems to become unlatched. Again thank you both.

Regards

Dan

Guest Wayne77590

Unlatched? Like it comes open, or it just clicks when you push on it?

Are you getting the "light on alarm?" (open door)? I had that happen, and until I could get it taken care of under warranty, I took a piece of paper, folded it and taped it where the striker hits. That will keep the ding, ding, ding, ding from driving the DW crazy. The kit is a nylon shim on the bottom hinge post.