Sign in to follow this  
sheepofblue@mchsi.com

Help: N841 Has No Display

I had a N682 that developed a leak and was corroded with other issues. So I found the recommended replacement was a N841 (2 way) which I ordered and installed. Once connected I get no display on the inside of any sort (and no light in the fridge). The easy answer is return it for service but the quickest I can get an appointment is the day I am supposed to be at Road Atlanta. I found a service bulletin (Pub 631361A) on the power board and did some checks and there is power on the outside. But the 10 pin connector going to the inside appears according to the instructions to have the polarity reversed. The inside display has zero volts at the specified pins. All the numbers and descriptions appear to match so I think I have the correct bulletin.

Do anyone have experience with such a thing? I am reasonable adept electrically and mechanically but am a bit reluctant to pull it further apart and risk the warranty. On the flip side I really want a fridge rather than a cooler for those days and the following weekend at Barber in B'ham.

Any help/info is appreciated.

Guest 2driftrs

Do a Google search for publication No. 619394E (01-28-04). This is the full blown Norcold service manual. It has a pretty decent troubleshooting section.