getwebber

Add Manual Sat Dish to Dome Sat System

I have a 2 HD TV's, one in the front and one in the bedroom. I have a Winegard Roadtrip Sat Dome. We subscibe to Dish Network with a 311 dish box attached to each TV. We installed a separate cable from the Dome to the bedroom TV.

Now that you know the setup the question. How do I hook up a manual Sat Dish and tripod to my existing TV system? Many times RV parks have too many trees to use our roof top Sat Dome. Second question deals with a TV switch box. The original does not work all the time. Where do I get a replacement?

Thanks for any direction anyone can give me.

I have a 2 HD TV's, one in the front and one in the bedroom. I have a Winegard Roadtrip Sat Dome. We subscibe to Dish Network with a 311 dish box attached to each TV. We installed a separate cable from the Dome to the bedroom TV.

Now that you know the setup the question. How do I hook up a manual Sat Dish and tripod to my existing TV system? Many times RV parks have too many trees to use our roof top Sat Dome. Second question deals with a TV switch box. The original does not work all the time. Where do I get a replacement?

Thanks for any direction anyone can give me.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Your signature and profile don't identify the year or type of rig you have so it's going to be a bit tougher for folks to give specifics. However, in my coach there is a connection for an external sat connection located in the electrical bay right next to the connection for cable TV. We carry a manual dish but I can't remember the last time we needed it...but since it won't bring in HD we try to make sure we can get a signal from our rooftop dish when we pick our sites.

My switchbox became intermittent a while back and I sprayed the push buttons with electrical contact cleaner and it helped a lot.

Good Luck...

rick