Sign in to follow this  
BMB2311

Allison 4000 ECU

I thought I’d post this issue and solution as it may help someone in the future. At a recent rally when I turned on the key to start the motor home no lights what so ever came on in the transmission shift panel and the coach would not go in gear. (So much for diagnostic codes.) After checking fuses, wiring, etc. I took the shift control out and took it to a local Allison transmission repair facility where the hooked it up to a computer and told me it was fine. After a couple of conversations with Monaco tech support I located and removed the Allison ECM and took it back to the repair center where they verified that it was defective. I have no idea what made it fail while sitting idle at an FMCA rally. I installed the replacement ECM and everything returned to normal. The repair facility was United Engines in Shreveport, LA and they were absolutely great.

After checking fuses, wiring, etc. I took the shift control out and took it to a local Allison transmission repair facility where the hooked it up to a computer and told me it was fine. After a couple of conversations with Monaco tech support I located and removed the Allison ECM and took it back to the repair center where they verified that it was defective. I have no idea what made it fail while sitting idle at an FMCA rally. I installed the replacement ECM and everything returned to normal. The repair facility was United Engines in Shreveport, LA and they were absolutely great.

You know, I have had experinces similar to what you have with our Coach's over the years, especially with Allison and Cummins. It seems there is a different caliber of technicians or maybe it's the training or management, they just seem to really care and want to help.

On the other hand my auto vehicle warranty repairs have little to be desired at sometimes, it's frustrating trying to trust our auto manuafactures at times. I've had good and bad experiences, but the later out-weighs the good.

Thanks for the post.