Guest Wayne77590

Believe it or not

Guest Wayne77590

While staying in Penscola I was swapping yarns with someone and they told a story of a foreign military exchange pilot who bought an RV at a local dealer. The person did not speak, or understand, English very well, and the salesman was having a difficult time explaining the cruise control feature.

Another salesman, overhearing the conversation, stepped in and said he could explain it in simple terms that the foreign pilot could understand. So, he told the gentleman, "Autopilot." Immediately he understood - well of course, he's a pilot.

As he was going down the Gulf Beach Highway, he put it on "Autopilot,' and got up to make coffee. They found him sitting on top of his RV, in the bay, waiting for a boat to pick him up.

The dealer had to replace his RV. I'm not sure if he was ever explained "cruise control."

Belive it or not. (I believe it)

In our neck of the woods that would be considered an excellent "newfie" joke. The province of Newfoundland is that island off our east coast. Those Easterners take the brunt of our jokes.

(CLEARING THROAT LOUDLY AND DOING AN ''EYE ROLL'')

Ok Wayne, tell the truth to us. This ''foreign pilot'' (?) was trained by the U.S. Marine corps......

......LOL............. or he was a Marine from a foreign country.........

Be safe Marine......... Wind to your back ..........

Seajay the sailor man

Guest Wayne77590

Dang! I hope it wasn't a Marine Pilot. Even though they are Naval Aviators, they are just a cut above.

Ever get the chance to watch close air support. I did, in-country. The Air Force comes in at about 1000 feet. The Navy pilots come in at about 500 feet, and the Marines come in at 200 feet or under so they can wave at the enemy as they drop their loads.

Nope! It was a foreigner.