Sign in to follow this  
DougC

How to start a blog?

OK, here is a newbie question.... how do we start a blog?

You can stop laughing now :rolleyes:

thanks

Doug,

When you are logged in, go to the community page and look at the top of the page. There is a line that has My Controls, View New Posts, etc. I think that you can go to My Controls and look at the left side of the page for the menus. There should be one that says My Blog. Mine won't give me a choice to start a Blog but I think that is because I already have one. If you click on the Blog menu item it should come up with a page for creating a blog. Name it, put your names as desired on it and start with your first entry.

There may also be an entry on the community page next to My Controls that says My Blog. Clicking that entry may bring up the start a Blog page. If neither of these suggestions work, just start probing around on the My Controls page and you should find it somewhere. It can't be too difficult, I found it! :rolleyes:

Hi Tom,

thanks for the help... I found the blog stuff.... I'm told this is intuitive (not sure what that means!). anyway, we'll start to tell our trip story...

Doug

Doug,

When you are logged in, go to the community page and look at the top of the page. There is a line that has My Controls, View New Posts, etc. I think that you can go to My Controls and look at the left side of the page for the menus. There should be one that says My Blog. Mine won't give me a choice to start a Blog but I think that is because I already have one. If you click on the Blog menu item it should come up with a page for creating a blog. Name it, put your names as desired on it and start with your first entry.

There may also be an entry on the community page next to My Controls that says My Blog. Clicking that entry may bring up the start a Blog page. If neither of these suggestions work, just start probing around on the My Controls page and you should find it somewhere. It can't be too difficult, I found it! :rolleyes:

Intuitive... that's what you call it if you have written the code. It all looks so simple! We users have another name for it until we have used it for a few months and then it becomes intuitive to us as well!

Enjoy your trip and I'll be looking for your Blog!