Xplorer

NPSVIP Network - Followup

Followup on Topic. I am skeptical about everything. At first I was even skeptical about forums, and cruised the forums for about a year, and the rest is!

We have been enjoying the NPS experience since April 2010, wow, last year, last decade.

This npsvipnetwork has contributed to this enjoyment and experiences at Cape Hatteras, Fort Sumter, Fort Moultrie, and Charles Pinkney NHS, and Big Bend NP.

The NPS is designating Park Rangers as Media Relations Rangers, who in turn, are establishing social networks for their particular historic site, monument, or park on facebook, twitter, etc., which are not .gov sites.

Some of these Media Rangers, sure are young, 21/22, etc. Have to keep moving, get up in the middle of the night and compute, to keep up with their tech savvy.

What I have discovered with the NPS is that our experience has been all positive, stress free, and Rangers do everything to ensure the volunteer experience is rewarding. I wish I discovered volunteering with the NPS 10 years ago. For us, it has been a heathly, educational, exciting and memorable year. We have served in museums, lighthouse tours, visitors centers, conducted informal wildlife programs, Forts, Tour Boats, living history, historic structure assessments,,,,and the beat goes on. We have met some of the finest caretakers of Our American Heritage, artists, educators, archeologists, biologists, historians, and on and on.

I never envisioned living a lifestyle walking through History.

For those that enjoy volunteering with the NPS, this network, brings Volunteers, Volunteer Managers/Coordinators together to share/exchange information, and) just plain enhance the Voluteer experience. (Disclaimer: FYI, I created an RV Volunteers-In-Parks Group on the site) to fill a void in locating RV Volunteer information that is difficult to find elsewhere, which should save Volunteers, Volunteer Coordinators some time, and besides it's become fun.

What I like most about the Network is connecting with other NPS Volunteers, Park Rangers we have met as volunteers; positve Interactions, and it is another volunteer venture.

And,

That's the Rest of the Story!

Best Wishes to All for a great 2011