Guest Wayne77590

Cummins ISB CM2150 Calibration Campaign 0836

Guest Wayne77590

I received a letter from Cummins that indicated they would like to improve the engine reliability on Cummins ISB-Series engines equipped with the CM2150 fuel system. Calibration improvements were made to address multiple calibration issues including a potential no-start condition.

Call 1-800 DIESELS and select option 4 to find a service near you, or go to Cummins and click "service locator."

I called Cummins, provided them with my information, and they confirmed I needed the calibration.

Cheers!

Thanks for the Heads-Up. I, too recieved notification. I'll be taking my '08 Allegro Bay FRED in as soon as I break it out of winter storage. (Can't Wait!)

I too had the notification for the ECM on my 09 Monaco ISB 400 engine. I had the work done yesterday with some strange results. I had the work done in Sioux Falls SD. Cummins Central Power. I picked up the Coach this AM and on the way out I noticed a warrning on the Aladin monitor that my parking brake was engaged, of course it wasn't as I was rolling freely. I returned to Cummins and had the mechanic take a look see. He connected his computer to look for fault codes, finding none he then checked the brake sensor, it too was ok.

He then talked to his forman, he was at loss too. He thought we should take it to Monaco dealership, to have it checked out. . He called Schaap's Traveland (Holiday Rambler Dealer) and explained the problem, so I took it there. On the way there I notice most of the gauges weren't working and with the ignition in the off position, I had a readout on the monitor??? It should be black.

After talking with the shop foreman at Schaap's, he made a work order and I was about ot disconnect my toad and leave it. Then I said, maybe we should try disconnecting the batteries and reboot the computers. The foreman said give it a try. I shut off the two battery disconnect switches for about 20 secs. and then turned them back on and VOILA!! everything looked normal.

Apparently the reprograming sent some bogus information to the Aladin monitoring system and confused it. So if you do a recalibration and get some goofy stuff happening on your istrument panel, try the battery disconnect.

All is well that ends well.

Guest Wayne77590

Bill,

That is some good info, and a good tip.

I had mine done in Houston, TX, but had none of the problems with any indicators. Confirms my wonderment about the quality work of some technicians. I hope you notified the place you had the work done and gave them the tip so the next person doesn't have to go through all that worrying you must have had when all that was going on?

Thanks