Sign in to follow this  
LivingLikeEachDayIsMyLast

Making Repairs Using Common Sense

Recently the monitor for my back up camera started flipping vertically.There are no adjustment knobs anywhere on the outside of the monitor to adjust.I removed the monitor from the mounting & then removed the monitor from the outer case.After searching for adjustment pods all around the circuit board, I found several,one of them being labeled vertical hold.Common sense tells me this is what I need to adjust as it relates to the problem at hand.

I reinstalled the unit without the case & plugged the harness back up. When I turned the unit back on it was flipping like crazy. With a small screw driver I slowly adjusted the plastic screw & behold,the unit stopped flipping.I shut off the unit,removed the harness & the monitor.I installed the monitor back in the case & the complete unit back in the mounting bracket & plugged the harness back in.The unit was turned back on & is working like new.

I am not an electronics trained person, but this time common sense prevailed & probably saved me a trip to a dealer for repair or replacement.

SAFETY NOTE - Even though these units are 12 volt fed,the voltage at the back of the picture tube is high enough to really hurt you.Be very careful & do not touch this high voltage area. Also it is a good idea to wrap the shaft of your screwdriver with electrical tape to keep from shorting anything out by accident.

Hope this helps someone who has the same problem. Have A Great Camping Day!

Sincerely, Wayne :)