CAPKELLY

Refrigerator Door Alarm

I have a Monaco Knight 2007. I has a two door Norcold refer . This year while traveling down our bumpy Interstate Highways the door seems to come ajar enough to set off the door beeper alarm.

My wife then needs to go and slightly press the door until it clicks. We have tried to make sure it is shut at the start of the trip and does not seem to matter.

Is there some sort of an adjustment on these doors or lubrication that would help?

Thanks for your help...

Kevin Email me

Our four door model has a not-real-obvious black slide lock on each door that is supposed to keep the door from opening. They are a supplement to the door pull handle latch. It would be logical that Norcold put these on their two door models also. We never used them as our door pull handle latches work fine and never opened in transit. In fact our slide locks would extend periodically when opening the door causing us to push the lock back into place in order to close the door. I took them off.

Look inside the pull handle area where the tips of your fingers grab the pull handle for a horizontal plastic tab. Slide it toward the door jam to lock the door in the closed position.

It's apparent Norcold added these slide locks since some doors would open in transit. This also can be affected by the amount of content weight you have on the door. Make sure the three screws on each door hinge are tight. And the "plumb" of the doors is adjustable to get maximum grip for the pull handle latch bolt. Maybe the latter adjustment is all you need.

I have a Monaco Knight 2007. I has a two door Norcold refer . This year while traveling down our bumpy Interstate Highways the door seems to come ajar enough to set off the door beeper alarm.

My wife then needs to go and slightly press the door until it clicks. We have tried to make sure it is shut at the start of the trip and does not seem to matter.

Is there some sort of an adjustment on these doors or lubrication that would help?

Thanks for your help...

Kevin Email me

Guest Wayne77590

Isn't that just plain annoying. It was for us with the Norcold 1210 model. We'd be going down the highway and that door would just start a beeping, and beeping, and beeping. My wife would have to tell me it was beeping, and beeping, and beeping. Finally, I was tired of her telling me it was beeping (selective hearing, so she had to shout). I fixed it until the real fix could be installed. (I'll get to it in a minute) The real fix is to shim up the bottom door hinge so that the top of the door pushes in on the light button. That is what you are hearing, the light is on in the refrigerator because the door does not hit the striker correctly. The fix is a shim.

Now, how I fixed it temporarily until they could install a shim. I got some toilet paper (unused of course) and folded it into a rectangular square. (A paper towel could be used, as could anything you can fold over.) You will have to experiment with the thickens, but I'm guessing you will not need more than a quarter inch or so. Then I eyeballed where the striker light latch hits the door and I took Scotch tape and tapped it to that area. Voila! No more, "The beeper is beeping!"

As a friend would say, "If you use this fix you owes me 10 cents. If it doesn't work, don't blame me."