Sign in to follow this  
jhofeditz

Inverter replacement

Hi nov26ber,

Is your need for an inverter only or a unit that is an inverter/charger combination? Whatever you buy, consider a pure sine wave for the inverter function. Go to Inverters and Chargers. I like the Xantrex brand, if you need an inverter and a charger.

I have a Xantrex 2000 watt and it works fine for me. However, I have a friend that was having trouble with his, and having touble getting it serviced, ie parts were not available. I think the explination was that Trace/Xantrex was going through a buy out. The thinking was that when the sale was complete all would be OK again.

He and his wife are full timers and had already been without for a couple of months, so while we were at Quartzite he bought a Magnum with remote control (necessary to use all the features) and likes it.

I agree that you should pay a little extra for a full sine wave inverter, as they are much easier on equipment, or so I have heard. If I had to replace mine, that is what I would do.

I have just replaced my Xantrax Trace RV2512 with a Xantrax RS3000, a sine wave inverter. The 2512 still works, all functions except the auto generator start function. The RV2512 is not a sine wave inverter. The RV2512 is a 2500 watt inverter/charger so it has a slightly larger capacity than your current model. When we are plugged in, it charges the house batteries We used it for five years before we had it replaced. There are several types of electronics that we found problems with, electric blankets will not work with the RV2512 and door bells wouldn't work with it either.