seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Paint-on roof covering

Let me state that I will pay 10 cents for sound advise on the following ...

My coach is 9 years old and the rubber roof is getting kind of sad looking. It has no tears or bubbles but is getting really ''used'' looking.

It is not broken or leaking anywhere that I can find, but by the look of it, I need to do something or I may start having troubles real soon.

Here is my question:

I have seen advertised in FMC magazine a rubber roof compound that can be painted on my existing rubber roof. It is supposed to give me a ''new roof'' that should last another 10 years. I have ordered information on this but I would love to hear from someone else who has used a product like this and let them tell me it works as advertised.

The cost of the ''kit'' for the complete job is about $500.

If you have used this stuff, let me know how it worked for you and if you liked it. Also, if you have used this product and didnt like it for some reason, let me know that also, please.

Dont forget: If you respond with an answer, I will owe you 10 cents and I will pay you the next time I see you.

Seajay the sailor man

I have the same situation as you. My rig is 10 yrs. old and roof appears in good shape but there is a fair amount of

chaulking.

Have you had any response to using any particular product. I have been looking at two different products.

Kool Seal and Dicor.

I would like to hear from anyone who has used these products.(roof coating products)

Barry Bennett

FMCA

The item I found is Minnesota Roofing & R.V. Specialities. I saw it advertised in FMCA magazine in the

advert dept in the back of the book. It seems no one has ever used this product or anything like it

to re-cover their rubber roof on their coach. The adver really looks good but so did the advert for the Edsel

car. I will wait a while longer and hope someone has used it or a similar product and can give me a ''first

hand report'' on how successful this stuff is. It really looks good as they sent me a sample of the product

Maybe someone will see this and answer us ....... After all, I am offering ten cents for good information on this.

Seajay the sailor man ....