steve6568

1994 Monaco Dynasty Heater, Vent, AC Fan

Hi, My 1994 Monaco Dynasty heater, defrost, ac, ac max fan quit working. Fuses are all good in the outside fuse panel on drivers side. I have 12 volts on the 4 wire T plug that connects to heater core/ac box. Different pins have the 12v when I move the fan switch to the low, med, med hi, and hi switch positions. The only wire with no 12v is orange. Is the fan bad? How do you get to the fan?

Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

I had a 02 Windsor. The fan stopped working. There is a panel just under the dash in front of the passenger seat. You can remove the panel and reach up where the fan shroud is. There is a ground wire on the fan housing. Sometimes it will become loose. I was able to gently pull the wire until I could get to the connector. I put just a small amount pressure to tighten up the grip. When the ground wire was replaced, the fan was able to work just fine until traded the coach.

Is this your problem? I don't know but I hope my experience helps.

Good Luck :)

Steve: I hate to be the one to tell you this,But you're going to have to remove the dash and probably the front of your dash in front of the passenger seat. the fan motor is in there. good luck . Everett Berry

Steve: I hate to be the one to tell you this,But you're going to have to remove the dash and probably the front of your dash in front of the passenger seat. the fan motor is in there. good luck . Everett Berry

Steve, before you start taking your dash apart, just try the ground wire like I described earlier. It may not help but it sure couldn't hurt.

The blower fan is directly behind the front of your dash just to the right of the wooden console box that's holding up the center of your dash. It looks like it's impossible to get at, but it's not. It's slow tedious work, but if you're handy at all, you can do it.

You have to remove the wooden box. When you've removed all the screws, if the box won't move, try very carefully working a very thin blade between the box and the vinyl dashboard. The vinyl has a tendency to melt into the lacquer on the wood. You have to remove the heater ducts from the front of the dash. Once the heater duct is removed, look at the top of the heater duct hole in the dash, and you'll see a screw that holds the top of the dash to the front of the dash. Remove that screw from each heater duct hole. Remove the trim from around your entrance door. It will be in the way. Gently lift the right side of your dash up, keep looking for screws that are holding it down. Eventually you'll find them all. The goal is to get the right half of the top of your dash lifted up high enough that you can start working on getting the right half of the front of your dash pulled out.

Soon you'll see the blower motor. It's between the wooden box and the dashboard glovebox that's in front of the passenger seat. The blower motor is held in with 3 or 4 screws. The issue is to be able to pull the dash out enough to get at that motor and get it out.

It's a popular little motor, used in all the GMC pickup trucks from the '70's. The part # at NAPA stores is PM105. It's built by the cheapest bidder, probably from China, and there's no HD replacement.

While you're in there, in the circuit for that blower is a Bosch relay that sometimes fails, causing the blower motor to not function. It's a good time to find it, check it out, and move it out from under the dash.

Jim Sanderson

1995 Monaco Dynasty 36'

Canada, eh?