Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

I helped a neighbor today

Guest Wayne77590

We were out touring the USS Yorktown/meuseum today and when we returned to our site, our neighbors were sitting outside.

My wife started a conversation with them and I heard her exclaim, "Oh no!" So, being the nosy one that I am I asked, "What?" She said they were without electricity, no air conditioning, and were waiting on a repair man to come to their site.

Again, being the person that I am, I asked if they had an extension cord and could plug into 110V, and by this time I had moseyed over to their site with intentions of lending them my extension cord. The gentleman stated that he had tried the 110 and it was not working either.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened but we ended up at the pedestal where he pointed and said that the extension cord was plugged in and there was nothing. He said they had been without electricity all night.

I casually reached in and turned all the breakers on.

Good deed done!

I will not repeat any more of the conversation.

Hey Wayne, I nominate you for the FMCA GGA (Good Guy Award)! Not for helping them with the electric, anyone would have done that. But you didn't report the rest of the conversation. I'm sure there was much said after you solved the problem! And you probably didn't even hear the best part of it!

We should start a summer camp, basic training for RV'ers! Can you find a DI hat? We could whip them into shape in no time! SEAJAY will help and we only have to pay him a dime!!!

Kudos to you. It is always nice to be able to help others. But least we forget our own mistakes, lets not pick on the missteps of your neighbor. I do remember not being able to start my rig, until a neighbor had me check to make sure I was in park. Being helped, and helping others at RV parks is one of the many thinks that makes the RV community so pleasant. Again, I am sure you assistance was most appreciated. Good Job.

Guest Wayne77590

Kalnzoo,

No pickin' going on. No name, no place, just a funny story that is true. It was never mentioned again in their presence or any others presence in the CG. Thanks for the Kudo.

I was wrong once - oops, on thought, I was just mistaken. Seriously, we all make mistakes, and we can all learn by others mistakes. After stopping 3 or 4 coaches and trailers leaving a park and telling them to put the tv antenna down, I came up with my solution. I put my key ring over the crank on the antenna. If the keys come down, the antenna comes down.

Ha! one time I stopped a 5er and told him he should put his slide in before leaving the CG. I always try to put things in a jovial way.

One time when I asked a friend to accompany me to pick up my old 5er from the dealer and put it in storage he did the unbelievable. As I was pulling away from the 5er he thought he was doing me a favor and put my tailgate up. There is a lesson there. If you have someone unfamiliar with your routine, ask them to step away, or explain to them what you are about to do. And, if ever you are interrupted in your routine, start over.