Sign in to follow this  
WWilliams

External Propane Tank

We plan to spend Christmas and New Years in Salt Lake City. It can get cold enough to run through our on board propane tank like sand through an egg timer. We have a class A Fleetwood Expedition which they cleverly put the on board tank in between the rails and midway in the chassis. Unlike our previous Pace Arrow, we have not found a way to install an Extend-A-Stay to hook up a larger external tank. We have been turned down by 2 Fleetwood dealers and Fleetwood service itself...something about lawyers and liability :) Anyone have success in hooking an external tank on a similar rig?

I have done a simular install. Just remember if you change anything you become the manufacturer in the eyes of the law and therefore legally liable. In the past I have spent a week at a time at Park City skiing. I went to the hardware store and bought 3/4 inch styrofoam sheet and used an electric knife to cut out the size of the window frame of all the windows and the windshield. This cut my propane usage in half!