jackarea

Towing 2012 Cruze 4 Wheels Down

I wonder if they read these forums? I know the MH manufacturers sure do. Glad to see they are waking up.

I'd ask them if they would have any objection to using the $1500 for a lube pump and would they leave the warranty on the tranny if I had one installed.

GR

Yes they do read them. One of the phone responders told me they went on line and checked around. After sleeping on it, wife and I decided against a tow dolly, never liked the thought of one, again, that is why I bought a Cruze for 4 wheel down towing like my old Saturn. I am going to call them and see if they will either give me cash, or spring for the Remco lube transmission pump. Either way, they have to pay.

IMHO a REMCO lube transmission pump is not going to happen, I really hope I'm wrong on this. I just hate the thought of giving up my Cruze it's been one of the best new cars I've owned and I've had many. When I talked to the Customer Service person I believe she said that REMCO is not an option at this time.

If it's not something that GM makes and sells I don't believe they are going to offer it to the public as a fix, just my 2 cents. I don't believe they will drag this out very much longer.

IMHO a REMCO lube transmission pump is not going to happen, I really hope I'm wrong on this. I just hate the thought of giving up my Cruze it's been one of the best new cars I've owned and I've had many. When I talked to the Customer Service person I believe she said that REMCO is not an option at this time.

If it's not something that GM makes and sells I don't believe they are going to offer it to the public as a fix, just my 2 cents. I don't believe they will drag this out very much longer.

You're right. GM rep told me that GM doesn't recommend Remco because they don't make a pump for the Cruze. I said I know that, Remco told me after finding out, and I did E mail them with the news that Cruze could not be towed 4 wheels down. They, later E mailed me and said they are testing a pump and would take 60-90 days, and that I would be put on a list and notified later. Why should Remco have had a pump for Cruze, Chevy Cruze was listed as 4 wheels down towable? He said, do you want to wait until the testing is done? I said what about exchanging to another car, that I had heard some are. He said he would get back to me, yesterday, never did.

What a mess, what a problem. I have heard that the 2012 Chevy Sonic, which is 200 lbs lighter than the Cruze, is towable, but that might be proved wrong and I'm not going through this again!