Sign in to follow this  
briankelley52@yahoo.com

Honey motor home

I recently purchased a 1988 34 ft Chevy honey motor home, and was wondering if anyone out there might be familiar with this vehicle. The seller couldn't tell me any thing about it since he acquired it from a deceased relative. Im looking for any information on her so i have some place to start to learn how to get her up & running & on the road. If anyone out there can give me any info, i would really appreceate it. briankelley52@yahoo.com Thanks.

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. I do not know how much work you'll do yourself or have professionally done for you. For me, I'd break it down into sub systems and take on each, one at a time. The first is the automotive systems. Change all fluids, tune the engine, check brakes, replace all hoses, check tires (for manufacturer date as well as wear and tear), wiper blades, lights, etc. Next would be the coach systems. This includes, propane, furnace, A/C, water, sanitation, stove, roof, windows, lights, fans, bedding, cushions, etc. You can start start at the cockpit and make a list as you walk to the rear.

Both of these lists will be long. It may seem overwhelming, but just take one item at a time and get it right. Then move onto the next item. There are details involved in each system, too long to post here and now. As you have questions about a particular system, post here and there will be good answers for you to base your repairs on.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

1. Google "Honey Motorhome"-- lots of information there.

2. Information you seek can roughly be broken down into three sup-groups: Chassis, house and RV systems.

What chassis to you have?

The house (like construction, sidewalls, roof) will be unique to your coach manufacturer.

The RV systems such as water heater, furnace, A/C, refrigerator will be standard brand RV components. You can get detailed information on them from each component manufacturer.

Brett Wolfe