GregRoberts

Norcold "no co" Alarm

Mod# N841IM

Ser# 922378GN

I have owned my RV for about 4 months. Fridge has worked well just not always the coldest but never any problems. It needed serious defrosting last week so I turned it off with the power button, let it sit for and hour or so and wiped it down good and turned it back on. Checked on it about an hour later and side walls were getting cold and it was working. The next day I went out to see if I could start putting stuff back in it. It was alarming and flashing a "no co" code. So I check all voltages, gas supply and fuses. Called Norcold and they of course were not much help. They did say the board needed to be reset. Talked to two different service places and didn't even get a call back. I googled how to reset the board and found good instructions with diagrams. Keep in mind I live in East Texas. It has been crazy hot so the ambient temperature is very high. I successfully reset the board hooked everything back up. The fridge starts working and everything seems fine. Works for about 2 hours and then alarms again. I talked to my friend that has a Norcold and he said to try running it off gas instead of ac. So I reset the board again and turned it on and switched it to LP mode. It once again ran for app. 2 hours getting cold the whole time then alarmed again and quit cooling. Now it want even reset.

I think the power board is bad but would like to get a little confirmation before becoming a parts changer and spending 200 dollars on the board.

Any info would be appreciated.

This is one of those issues that is hard to get diagnostic help over the phone. Most techs want to have a chance to test various components of the refrigerator before deciding on a course of action. I think your only option is to find a reputable dealer and turn the problem over to them. The no co code can indicate a failure of the cooling system itself which can be caused by an out of level condition while running the refrigerator. These refrigerators are very sensitive to being level while running when parked, driving they are fine. If it is a failure of the cooling system, you can replace parts all day and still not have a functioning refrigerator. We were told by Norcold that if you get the no co code and clear it and then get it again you should take the refrigerator in to a service center.