RVNut

Dish Network with with Direct TV dish?

I would like to use my dish network reciever with a direct tv dish in my motorhome. I am not sure about the hook up or if it will work. Does anyone have any idea.

John

As long as the dish on the RV has been configured to use Direct TV's satellites yes. Normally the dish itself has dip switches on the dish itself. Yes, you'll have to get on the roof to access them. Contact your direct tv support or the support for the maker of your dish. They should be able to tell you what configuration to us. Then you just plug in your receiver. Now, having said that, the receiver needs to be programmed for the physical area you are using it. This usually means putting in the zip code into the settings of the receiver (the device from your home).

Guest BillAdams

What kind of antenna? Dome? Open face? One single LNB? Multiple LNB's? Manufacturer? Manual crank up? Automatic?

Setting a zip code is of no use in making a receiver work with an antenna but if you are manually pointing your antenna the zip code will give you the proper azimuth and elevation settings needed to point the antenna in the "generally" correct location.

You will likely also have to make some changes to the receiver setup in the Menu>Setup>Repeat Satellite setup to make it compatible with an RV style antenna.