Sign in to follow this  
GerryJo

Flat Towing a 2008 Chrysler Town-n-Country with Remco Lube Pump.

We just purchased a 2008 Chrysler Town n Country to tow 4 wheels down behind our Newmar gas coach.

It appears Remco has had problems when testing the 6 speed auto ( 62 TE ) transmission as there is no factory dip stick and fluid levels are in millimeters. Chrysler says too much fluid can damage your transmission,and the local dealer says they must use a scan tool to check transmission temp to determine fluid levels. They also want your business to pay to have fluid levels checked. while Remco is now advising using approx 40 millimeters of fluid saying as fluid temps rise during towing this will prevent foaming and causing the lube pump to go into alarm mode. Of course Remco won't be responsible for your repair bill even with all directions followed. So maybe a tow dolly is the best way to tow the 2008 T/C with the 62 TE tranny???

Anyone out there done this or know of user problems ?

Thank you for any input, since I prefer towing 4 down over the dolly, but don't want to ruin a transmission. Ford has also had problems with their new 6 speed automatic, and Remco just issued a service bulletin for Ford owners.

RCWilly@aol.com

I also have a 2008 Chrysler with the six speed trans. I had the Remco LP-1 pump system installed where I purchased the MH. My first trip out was problamatic as I would get alarms after 2 to 3 hours of driving which would subside if I pulled over and stopped. In Branson MO. I had the wiring and plumbing checked for accuracy and was told all was correct. I later contacted Remco who told me that I would need to be sure that ATF+4 fluid (full synthetic) be used and to have the level reset to 40 to 50 mm. I went to my Chrysler dealer and had the fluid and filter changed with the level set at 45mm. The special tool needed is a dipstick, a dealer will have one or you can buy one online if you wish. The next trip out I still had alarms but lesser severity. I found that if I pulled over and started the engine on the toad for 1 min. and then kept the speed at 55 MPH or less I did not get an alarm. I have another request for help from Remco posted as 55MPH on a 70 MPH interstate can be trouble. I usually prefer 5 MPH below posted limits to avoid having to pass others as often.