Sign in to follow this  
slowe

Pace Arrow Low Mileage And MPG

My wife and I are looking to step up in size and class to a Class A Fleetwood Pace Arrow.

We are told that the previous (only) owner put 8,000 miles on it locally.

My concerns are low mileage and gas mileage.

Currently, my Class C Ford V-10 gets about 7+mpg.

What are your thoughts about the low mileage and the MPG?

More important than the low milage is how it was stored, inside with heat or? and what part of the country. As for mileage it depends on the engine type. Diesel will get better mpg than gas. You will probably get about the same as your class C with gas. I drive a 32 ft with a Cummins ISB towing a Silverado p/u and averaged 11 mpg this year 6000 miles.

We had a 2003 Pace Arrow 38'. It had a 8.1 GM engine on a Workhorse. We towed a 2005 Jeep Liberty and got 5-7 mpg. I am much happier with the 2006 Tradewinds 40 ft with a 400 hp Cummins. I get around 10 mpg with it and have all the power I need.

We have the 8.1 Vortex engine in our Rexhall 33 foot with two slideouts, gross 22000 pounds and tow a 3000 pound Saturn. We are now at 13,000 miles and getting from 8 to 9 miles per gallon depending on terrain and wind speed and direction. I am satisfied with that. That gives me almost a 700 mile range on a tank of gas.

I had the Ford 460 in the last motorhome that was a 35 foot and it only got about 6 miles to the gallon and way underpowered. Added a banks unit to that one and that made it whole :)

Bebop