Sign in to follow this  
f233844

Jacks Leaking

One of the cylinders on my PowerGear jacks has an apparent internal leak. I put the rig on the jacks and took measurements on all 4 legs, Roughly 24 hours later I took the same measurements and find the LF jack had collapsed/relaxed/bled down 1/4".

Confirmation IMHO that there is a problem, and an explanation as to why I often need to relevel.

No external leaks that I can see.

Guest Wayne77590

Hi Al,

When I first purchased my coach it had the same problem with the right front leveling jack. Fortunately I was still under warranty. The dealer worked and worked and worked on it, you know, fix by parts replacement. Changing jacks and other items did not work. I would say that in 6 months time it was in the shop at least 8 times for the same problem. We were close to calling the "lemon law" on it. (Wish we had). They were in contact with PowerGear/Kwikee throughout this process. Finally, PowerGear/Kwikee sent them the new pump and reservoir already assembled. They installed it and we did not have that problem again.

Apparently there was a leak in that assembly that allowed the fluid to return causing the jack to lower. Frustrating, to say the least. That is the only answer I can give as a "possible" problem. If you go on to the PowerGear web site and fill in the contact information, they are pretty good are responding. They will not answer customer phone calls.

Good luck.