jerryrhattox

Towing 2011/2012 GMC Terrain

I think the Terrain is the same as the Chevrolet Traverse which cannot be towed all four wheels down. Not sure why, but that is why we got the Chevrolet Equinox which can be towed all wheels down. Some options may make the Terrain towable, such as: 4 while drive or transmission pump. Suggest you contact GMC and ask Why not?

FYI, the GMC Terrain is similar to the Chev Equinox. The Traverse is similar to the GMC Arcadia. I was at a GMC dealer this PM and read the owner's manual for a Terrain. It states that it can be towed with 4 down.

The January, 2012 issue of Family Motor Coaching magazine states the the GMC Terrain eiher "All-wheel drive or Front-wheel drive" may be towed with all wheels down, but there are two limitations. 1. "To prevent battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, remove fuse 32, the Discrete Logic Ignition Switch fuse, from the instrument panel fuse block." and 2. As a footnote to the Speed/Distance Limit of 65 mph/ None, "The vehicle should be run at the beginning of each day and each RV fuel stop for about 5 minutes." I do run ours in the morning, but I can not believe that they mean when we fuel our motor homes 600 miles later; therefore, I also run ours at or near our lunch break at mid-day.

Just curious, has anyone towed an all wheel drive Terrain on a Tow Dolly ?

I'm thinking about purchasing the Demco Kar Kaddy SS so that I can tow

different vehicles.

Thank you!

I am looking to purchase the equipment needed to tow my 2010 all wheel drive Terrain four

wheels down.

I read in my GMC owners manual that the all wheel drive Terrain cannot be towed on a dolly, but can towed four down.

What equipment have you installed on your Terrain and are you happy with it ?

Thank you!