Sign in to follow this  
jwiedl

Twin Lakes Travel Park-Ft Lauderdale-Avoid if possible!

Warning to all big rigs:

Please avoid this park. We were quoted $28/night for our rally in Oct 2011. When we arrived we were told to park in a overflow field and told it had 30amp service. After parking we found the electric did not work. After maintenance repaired the line we found that there was 20amp service at best. Also 6 sites were on 1 fuse box.

We decided that we did not have enough power to run 1 rig vs our whole rally. We contacted the management and they said we could move to different sites for an additional $25/night! After long and painful negotiations with the staff and owner, we got the sites for $15 more. This is a bait and switch tactic. After all it was not high season and their attitude was take it or leave it. In addition, 2 rigs had medical and mechanical difficulty and could not make it and received NO REFUNDS. When reserving a site they require full payment.

The overall condition of the community center and grounds were old and in disrepair. Only 1 usable restroom in the whole park. It was evident that they were not ready for the season.

Our rally was during the tropical storm Rina and the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area received a lot of rain that weekend and the sites in the "overflow" area for $28 was underwater.

jwiedl,

Welcome to the Forum.

I feel for you and your Rally problems.

That being said, Our clubs 1st Vice President picks the site for the next year. He or someone he designates, will visit the RV Park, discuss the needs for a Rally and see if the Park can supply the services.

If all is acceptable he gets a signed contract from the park. The contract will state the parking fees and how many days before and after the rate will be good for. The exact dates of the Rally. How many coaches can be expected. Are there any pet restrictions, ect. The 1st VP will keep a copy of the contract and give a copy to the Wagon Masters.

The visit will eliminate the problem you had Twin Lakes. We also encourage the Wagon Masters to visit the Park to see if there are any other thing that might require attention and for them to get to know the Owners or management.

They can also check out the local attraction, Medical locations, Vets, restaurants and last but far from least where is the closest WalMart.

Always check and investigate the location of your planned Rally.

In response to Herman Mullins. Both Jim and Judy visited the park in May. My husband and I visited the park in January and April. At no time had we been told we would not have sewage, poor electric, and be on the grass. I made the original call, spoke to owner ( a lady) who later disappeared to the point that the acting mgr said she was no longer associated with the park. Then a Jay person claimed to be owner, later to find out is a brother and sister....The mgr was super rude. We were told no refunds. We had 2 medical emergencies and one coach had a tire blow out.

We are a group from Florida called the Sand Dollar RV Club, we are under SEA and FMCA. We have a rally once a month from October to April. We are all over Florida RV parks, this is the very 1st time we have had a problem, and our Club is over 20 years old.

The fact remains we had made arrangements and the park did not keep it's word. I would tell everyone not to ever stay there.