Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye111

Alpine W203/P1

I am considering the Alpine QW203/P1 multifuntional dash unit (Satellite radio, AM/FM, CD, DVD, GPS, backup camera) just to get the backup camera. Anybody know this in-dash, all-in-one navigation/audio/video system?

Guest felixp

I tried to look it up, but it seems to be the wrong part #.

If you're only going to use the backup camera, you might just want to invest in a small screen and a backup camera. This will save you a lot of money, compared to buying the Alpine unit.

Guest felixp
Sorry for bad typing and even poorer editing. The Alpine unit model number I am studying is W203/P1. Thanks all~

No problem. The unit seems pretty nice, but expensive. Looks like the backup camera is an optional accessory which is $200 more. In my opinion, if you're mainly using it for a backup camera, there are different, cheaper options out there.

Well, the Alpine 203/P1 is out. Alpine has some out of normal feedback from users that bothered me, and they were unable or unwilling to tell me when the 2009 NavTeq software would be available and how much it would cost, so I am going on to another unit. I want satellite radio, a back up camera and a GPS capability. The best consilidated unit seems be the Kenwood DNX9140. It uses Garmin's gps which also uses NavTeq but the seem to be a little more knowledgeable about what they will do with the new software in 2009 fall. It is pricey but by the time I put in a GPS, Backup Camera, and satellite radio separately the money is about the same. SO, has anybody any experience with Kenwood Audio or this unit? Would appreciate feedback. Thanks, Jay