Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

KUDOS For Cummins Southern Plains, Houston, TX.

Guest Wayne77590

Note: I sent the below email text to corporate and other managers and CC'd the personnel I was directly involved with. (Bold is forum use)

==========================

"Hello,

On March 22, 2012, our coach broke down just 22 miles from home as we were returning from a short in-state trip. The "stop engine" light came on, and it worked flawlessly, achieving its goal of bringing the coach to a dead stop on a busy highway. The display showed "low coolant," but the coolant was visible in the fill reservoir. On March 23 the motorhome was towed to your Houston location from Alvin.

I digress, explaining the reason for our visit because this note is about Cummins Southern Plains in Houston, TX, and the great service we had. The diagnosis was a problem in the engine harness and I was informed that it would take Winnebago 6-7 weeks to manufacture the harness required for our Winnebago Destination. Naturally, we were disappointed because we had tentative plans for a short trip in a few weeks. Within days, I was pleased to learn that the technician pulled the harness, found a broken pin in a connector and the coach was repaired long before the anticipated 6-7 weeks. What a surprise! When we arrived for delivery we noted that the mud flap and tow hitch were not attached, and the technicians took the time to install before we departed. We imposed upon them again when we were concerned about weather threats in the area we would be traveling and asked the the service representative if he could move the coach back into the compound until we could get safely underway. Again, we were well accommodated and we took advantage of your comfortable lounge as we waited for the threatening weather to depart from our destination.

All of the personnel at Cummins Southern Plains, Houston, TX, are commended for their great customer service, quick response, and notification of progress.

Thanks Cummins Southern Plains.

(name & location)

(Note: A separate post with more details will be posted to the FMCA and IRV2 websites.)

====================

A special thanks to Juanita, Andrea, Steed, and Nolan for their great customer service. And I should not forget the very nice and friendly person that always answers the phone and is always helpful.

It's nice to read the comments. My wife and I are travelling to Houston, Texas from British Columbia. We keep a log of companies that go out of their way for their customers. This one is now in our log book of RV Dealers to trust..

Guest Wayne77590

I always like to give praise where praise is due.

obofsooke,

If you get a chance to hang around the Houston area, we always like to meet and greet people so give a holler if you are in our area. I also know some CG's in the area that don't mind Northerners camping in their spaces. Ya'll don't even have to talk with a drawl.

Give a hoot when you get close.