Roadtrekingmike

Just Joined And Having A Ball

Just joined FMCA and the Roadtrek Users Group after buying a gently used 2006 Roadtrek RS-Adventurous two weeks ago.

We immediately left our Michigan home for a 2,300 mile roundtrip shake down trek to Florida. I blogged the whole way, with pictures and videos at http://roadtreking.com

We're back, ordering some things that first trip showed us we needed, getting ready to install a replacement radio, looking for a better TV and planning our next trip.

Really looking forward to meeting other RVers and members and will make some of the rallies.

Let's Go!

Welcome to the Forum and to FMCA. I would encourage you to attend the Great Lakes Area Spring Spree in Berrean Springs over Memorial weekend. Also, there should be a large number of Roadtreks at the FMCA convention in Indianapolis the week before Labor Day. There is a Roadtrek chapter that you can join that has like interests. Look at the FMCA.com web site Chapters tab. The Roadtrek chapter is in the International Area. Safe travels!

Thanks for the welcome... also joined the Roadtrek International group.

We're thinking of the Berien Springs rally. Never been to one before. Looks like it will be HUGE.

Right now, even though I wish I was on the road instead of being in the driveway, we're finding that outfitting our Roadtrek is taking a lot of time but surprisingly fiun.

I posted a progress report here: http://roadtreking.com/thoughts/outfitting-an-rv-how-were-bonding-with-our-roadtrek... but I'm wondering what items I'm forgetting that forim readers would suggest?

17 April 2015 11:40

Hello, Mike!

I've been to three "Great Lakes Annual Spring Spree" events (now Chapter Rallies hosted by the Michigan Knights of the Highway), and two of the new Area-sponsored "GLAMARAMA" rallies. All good-sized events, all in large fairgrounds with more than enough room between coaches.

Perhaps, there could also be some room for a smaller "up close and personal" event in your schedule. Might I politely suggest the "MERFI's Law" Rally on 20-23 August, in conjunction with the "Mid-Eastern Regional Fly-In"? The airplanes are coming to Grimes Field, and the RVs are coming to the Champaign County Fairgrounds, both in Urbana, Ohio. I just happen to be the Rallymaster for this event (my fourth Chapter Rally so far), and I've planned / plotted a few goodies to enjoy!

Peek at the "Calendar" page at "ohio nomads dot com" for some details.

Can you ever have enough "Happy Cybercamping"?

Michael Canode, F13059S