smokeater75

New York in September

Question

:) Hi Everyone, my wife and I are traveling to New York city in Sept., we are staying at the Liberty Harbor Rv&Marine park. We have already purchased tickets for some broadway shows but are wondering if anyone has some info on the tour buses that go to and from the park to downtown New York as well as the New York Pass. Thanks Smokeater75.

2 answers to this question

hello smokeater 75

We stayed last August at Liberty harbor/marina Park. It is a no frills Park, but the manager was very helpful. Its the only Game in Town, no other campgrounds in the Area.The mgr. made all arrangements, the Big Bus came right to the CG as promised + on time, they also brought us back. It was a very good experience.

But if you want to do it on your own, just go out of the Gate. 200 yards away is the Path (street car) it will take you to the Underground (under the Hudson river). Take it to the end which is 32th street. From there you can walk or take a Taxi(aprox. 1/2 mile or so to the the Theaters--don't worry its easier the it sounds.

People where very friendly. If you want to go on your own, go over to the Ferry (50 yards from mangers. office) and for $7.00 they will take you to the

Financial Center, which is right next to the 9-11 Site. Then you can go 1 1/2 miles south to the Staten island Ferry and get a free ride across the Hudson River approx.1/4 mile in front of the Statue of Liberty,and a free ride back. We think.

You will enjoy your time in NY.

Good Luck + save Travel,

old Marine

Hi Old Marine, thanks for the information. I wasn't sure about the ease of moving around New York , it sounds like we will be okay. I would like to know more about the New York City Pass, apparently you can purchase it for 1 to 7 days and it includes your your transportation around New York as well as the sites, for example $22.00 per person to go to the observation area of the Empire State building. Thanks you again, Smokeater75.