Sign in to follow this  
clatocki

Too Hot on the Floor for My Feet!

My husband thinks I'm crazy, but the floor in the passenger side is extremely hot! I know the heat is coming from the engine and want to know why the engine light is not showing that it's running hot? Is there something we can do about this? My husband is not mechanical, and I don't drive (yet) so he has no idea about how hot it really gets there! Help!!

Welcome to the FMCA forums.

You don't say what coach you have so it is difficult to say what is causing the heat. I would think that you would need to get the problem checked out by a competent RV technician.

I agree that we need more information about what RV you have. Assuming that the heat is coming from the engine, it is possible that the insulation is missing from your side of the doghouse.

Paul

Our old '97 Georgie Boy class C had a loose exhaust manifold on the driver's side. I thought my foot would burn it got so hot. Turned out a previous owner tried to weld the mounting studs into the heads due to stripped threads. Doesn't work as you cannot weld steel to cast iron. (different rates of expansion under heat).

Take the rv to a muffler shop, had same issue, the exhaust pipe was too close to the floor, they moved mine down about 3 inches all ok after that, cost was $25 .