kberg

Norcold 1200 Cooling Unit Problems

The cooling unit went out on my Norcold LMI 1200, went to a local dealer, they ordered and then installed the new cooling unit. I went away for a long weekend, the refer never got cool or cold. Cooling unit was running and getting hot but nothing was getting cold. Took it back, they tested and ordered another new cooling unit and installed. I didn't take the coach away this time, but the same thing happened again, cooling ran for awhile and then stopped, nothing got cool or cold. What could be the problem?

The problem could be that you replaced it with a Norcold cooling unit instead of an Amish cooling unit. Most people report great performance with the Amish unit. This is what I plan to do if mine goes out (knock on wood).

Norcold seems to have a hard time getting it right. I had the most recent recall fix done in the Fall of 2010 and I have received 3 recall notices from Norcold since then. The most recent being this past week (for the same recall). This doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Don

I ALSO REPLACED MY COOLING UNIT WITH THE AMISH COOLING UNIT. IT LASTED ABOUT 1 YEAR SO I CONTACTED DAVID FORCE HAD A REPLACEMENT SENT OUT. THEY CHANGED THE DESIGN AND THIS ONE SO FAR IS PERFORMING GREAT. HOPE IT KEEPS RUNNING.I HAVE MY FRIG.SET ON 5 AND NO PROBLEM EVEN IN THIS HOT WEATHER IT STAYS AT 40 IN TH BOX AND MY FREEZER IS BELOW ZERO.