Sign in to follow this  
gmaples

Installation Of SW Inverter

I just purchased a 2003 Georgia Boy Cruise Master. I has 40 amp service. I have solar panels on roof to keep batteries charged when dry camping.

I am thinking about getting a PROWATT SW (2000 Watt). Are they hard to wire in and once wired in what will they operate?

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Do you have 30 amp (three prongs on shore power cord) or 50 amp (4 prongs on shore power cord)?

Very difficult for my to say how difficult an installation would be. Depends on your skill level as well as how you choose to wire it/have it wired.

A good start is to start identifying some of the decisions to be made when installing an inverter:

How large is the house battery bank (in amp-hrs)? If not on the batteries, how many batteries of what kind?

How far from where the house batteries are to the nearest place you could install the inverter, but NOT in the same compartment, as battery acid and electronics "don't play nice together)?

How far from the inverter location to where you main 120 VAC breaker box is located?

What do you want to be able to power from the inverter?

Are you looking at an inverter/charger? If not, what converter or charger do you have? One of sufficient size (amp capacity) and preferably a "smart"/three stage charger is a very good idea.

Brett

BTW, if you just click on "Quote" you could type answers right after the questions.