Sign in to follow this  
Peggy

Does Your Chapter Need More Members?

Hi, fellow FMCA members,

I'm one of the associate editors for Family Motor Coaching. I put together the Chapter Spotlight column every month. Would you believe I'm completely out of articles? That's why I'm writing.

The column is in the magazine every month, usually right after the Family & Friends section. It's a one-page column that profiles your chapter, giving prospective new members an idea of what your club is like.

If you belong to a chapter that would welcome new members, and your chapter has not yet been in the column, I'd like you to consider being in it. You would need to be able to provide us a photo of your chapter that we can print, plus either spend a few minutes on the phone with me so I can write the article...OR have someone in your chapter write it.

It's that easy and it really does work. I've had many calls and comments over the years from chapters that have been featured, telling me it actually resulted in them gaining more members in their group.

I can be reached at (800) 543-3622 ext. 212, or email me at pjordan@fmca.com.

Thanks!

Peggy Jordan, F401999, Associate Editor, Family Motor Coaching Magazine

Peggy,

As you could see from the article about our 45th Anniversary Rally in Canton, Texas this year we HAVE FUN. We had three families join at the Rally and have 5 more since then.

Here is something I try to do. When I see someone posting on the Forum, be they a newbie or an old timer, and I see that they are in our area. I will PM them, introduce my self and invite them to join us at a Rally. We have a mailing list called prospects and with the folks I contact, with their permission we put them on the list to receive notification for each Rally. In Rockport, Texas in May we had two very nice families come, one had already joined and it was their first Rally and the other visited and joined.

It is simple Introduce and Invite.

Herman