Sign in to follow this  
kv8td

Tropi-Cal Water System, Non-pressurized Tank Fill

I recently purchased a 2006 33' Tropi-cal.

On the last camping trip tried to pump fresh water from a jug. I put the valves in the right position as shown on the panel, but nothing happened. As an experiment, I turned on the external shower...pump started, and pumped water from the jug. This is self-defeating, of course; but WHAT AM I MISSING??

What are you pumping it with. I played with three pumps the last two days and decided on a 12v pump from Harbor Freight on sale for 37 dollars. The other two I tried where powered by a drill and could not get enough pressure to open the check valve on the tank. I need to stop at Radio Shack and get some wire and a switch to make it easier but I pumped a 6 gallon container into the MH in about 3 min or less. I will load 4 6 gal containers for our trip to Indy Friday. I hate running out of water.

If you are trying to suck it up the winterization tube the place that you suck up the anti-freeze it will only work until the lower tube is covered and then it quits at least on mine. The 12v so far works good. I'll post after the Indy Rally with a update.

THANX, PHIL. I have been using the coach water pump, and the winterize port. The strange thing is that if I open a faucet, the pump turns on and does pump water from the external container. I have removed the external shower hose, and if I crack it, the pump turns on. I think if I had a hose to feed this water back to the container, the pump would gain on the return, and eventually I could add water to the tank. When you use an external pump, do you connect it to the 'pressure' port??

Can anyone else shed light on this function? I keep thinking it ought to work; the valve handle descriptions indicate that it should, but no joy. I had a Jayco coach that had this capability, obviously with other valving.

Does anyone have an owners manual from 2006 that might describe the procedure?

Thanks