Sign in to follow this  
willisclarke

Backup Camera Wiring

I recently wrote asking if anyone had successfully pulled the wire from an old rear camera to the front monitor.

No body had and it was considered nearly impossible. Today, we were able to pull the wire for a new camera system across the top of a 1999 Bounder 28T and connect to the old system over the dash. We had to remove the small, rear corner cap by drilling out the rivets so we could turn the corner with the new cable and connector. After that, it was really easy, and the hidden system is working wonderfully.

We replaced the Cap after extensive caulking with self-tapping screws, and tied in to the 12V power using wire connections in back of the TV.

Willis Clarke

I have a Damon Outlaw Class A Toy Hauler. I moved the exterior b&w rear camera to inside the garage to view my Harley. I added a 7 inch color monitor and a Total Vision camera system. Wiring traveled thru the firewall to the rear and up the rear behind the tail and brake lights to the cap at the roof. Now I have a back up camera that tilts and moves side to side 180 degree view. http://totalvision.qwestoffice.net/

I also have side camera mounted in the mirrors, nose cameras, and on inside like a rear view camera.

The cost of a qualifty camera system is less than the body & paint repairs of a OOPs.