aubiedalton@aol.com

Power Gear hydraulic leveling system

My power gear hydraulic jacks are giving me a migraine ... looking for assistance. On the touch pad in the coach, the hydraulic light stays lit (all jacks are totally up) and the touch pad will not allow me to go into the auto mode. Also, that horrid buzzer keeps buzzing like the jacks are down.

Anyone else ever experienced this? The motorhome is in "Park," the brake is on, and the fluid level is 1 inch on the dipstick as the directions on the resevoir indicate.

Guest Wayne77590

Is your "Auto Mode" light blinking red/green?

On my system that is an out of synchronization for the jacks. When that happens, I extend (on level ground) all the way and the retract all and it seems to solve the problem until the next time. Does not happen frequently.

My power gear hydraulic jacks are giving me a migraine ... looking for assistance. On the touch pad in the coach, the hydraulic light stays lit (all jacks are totally up) and the touch pad will not allow me to go into the auto mode. Also, that horrid buzzer keeps buzzing like the jacks are down.

Anyone else ever experienced this? The motorhome is in "Park," the brake is on, and the fluid level is 1 inch on the dipstick as the directions on the resevoir indicate.

I had this problem and the source was low hyd fluid level. I added a few ounces of hyd fluid and the problem went away. Make sure all of your jacks are fully retracted and the coach is on level ground. Turn on your ignition switch and monitor your control panel as you add the fluid and the "jacks down" indicator light should go out. When the light goes out, continue to add another ounce or two to the reservoir. You did not mention your system model #, mine is 500456. Hope this works for you.

We had problems with this, turned out it was a broken float. Once that was replaced and the sensors reset, problem stopped. However, since going thru that little experience with alarms, etc....we have found that unless we are on level concrete pads, it works best to manually level the jacks. We get a better level...it's just a easy.