Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

Branson Stagecoach RV Park - Branson, MO

Guest Wayne77590

AS nice as can be considering the area. We drove around today, just sight seeing and rode through a few of the campgrounds in the area. The only one that was considerably better, but considerably higher in price was the KOA. All the others did not impress us very much so we are please we selected Branson Stagecoach RV Park, with 70 foot pull through sites with cement pads and very level. The others, except KOA, had dirt pads or crushed rock. Stagecoach also has some back-in with cement pads. Another nice feature is the on-site resturant with a $4.99 breakfast buffet of scrambled eggs, biscuits, hash browns, gravy, bacon, sausage and some other goodie items for the hungry man. It is an easy access rv park across from Table Rock State Park and an easy drive into Branson. The Showboat Branson Belle is only 3/4 of a mile from the CG. The owner, office personnel, and resturant personnel are very friendly and polite. Another plus for this CG is it is a full time Passport America CG, and also a GS.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 9+ but only because the roadways are not paved, but gravel.

So when in the area, give it a look.

Guest Wayne77590

Wow! August! It's still July and getting hot. Went to 99 today. It is almost 6 p.m. and it is 95 outside.

Wayne.......I realize it will be hot in Missouri in August. I was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood.

We are going to spend a few days in Branson on our way to Santa Fe. It will be our 40th anniversary trip.

We also have an appointment in Red Bay, Al August the 24th. This will be a hot trip.

Road Dog

Wayne...We plan on taking I-40 through Texas. After we leave Branson we plan to stay at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City , then to Amarillo.

We will be on I-10 in late Jan. We will be at Ft Sam Houston from Jan 28th through Feb 28th, then to Del Reo.

Road Dog

Guest Wayne77590

We rode through Ft. Sam and it looked like a nice CG. San Antonio is a fun city.

If you go across on I-10 through Houston, give a holler and maybe we can do coffee at one of the truck stops on the East side of town. I live about 50 miles Sout of I-10 on the Baytown side (Hwy -146S)

We stayed at Braunig Lake RV Resort 6 miles S. of SA on Hwy-37. Full PA so the week was about $125

Wayne.....We arrived at the Stagecoach RV Park in Branson Saturday the 1st of August. I'm glad that we are 4 miles from the strip. It takes an hour to drive those 4 miles. We are located across from the Table Rock Lake State Park and just down the road from the Branson Showboat. We had a great dinner and show on the Showboat yesterday.

The sites here at the Stagecoach are concrete and level. The park is small with what appears to be a number of long term residents. The entrance is a little rough getting in, but over all it is a nice park and close to the attractions. We would stay here again.

Tomorrow we're heading for Oklahoma City for 2 nights. We will arrive in Santa Fe on Sat.

Road Dog

Guest Wayne77590

Hmmm! Are we talking about the same place? The only problem I remember about the entrance ws there was a small bump where the pavement ended inside the park and the gravel road picked up. Now if you came in through the resturant entrance, then yes, that is different, but doable.

We found that if you take a right out of the park, go to the stop light, turn right, it would put you at the intersection of Gretna and Hwy 165 on Country Music Blvd - about center of Branson. Yes, the strip and traffic can be slow, but we did find that, for the most part, everyone was polite and would let you in.

I don't suggest using Country Music Blvd as a way in or out using a motor home.

So what shows did you see?

Edited: Keep us posted on your travels and when you are coming close to Houston.

Same place - but the drop-off from the pavement to the gravel road is not little anymore. It's a nice place - new concrete slabs are nice, but they do need to scrape the gravel road and fix the transition.

The weekend traffic on the strip was too heavy for us, so we did the Showboat Branson Belle right across the road from the campground. It was a nice meal and a very entertaining show - we highly recommend it.

We're at Tinker AFB now and we really like the base. It has a big BX and commissary and a small but very nice campground with paved pads, a lake and lots of grass. Right now OKC has the thermostat a little high for us - it'll be in the 100s all week. From here we plan to stop in Amarillo for a few days then on to Santa Fe for a week - of course, we never write anything in ink...

Guest Wayne77590

Okay! I think I know where you are talking about at Stagecoach. They must have had some rain come through and wash some away. It really wasn't that bad when we got there, but was still a little bump.

Jan 27 is a long way off. Which way will you be headed? Are you stopping in the area, or just passing through Houston?

What show did you see on the Branson Belle (Main performer). The troop were very entertaining with great talent. When we were there the main event was Todd Oliver. I never laughed so hard. I had tears in my eyes on his Walmart skit.

We saw Christopher James and the Showstoppers - he's a great comedian and the Showstoppers is a group of two young men and two young women who sing, dance and do amazing costume changes to all the great Broadway show tunes. We really enjoyed the show. Today we left Tinker and just arrived in Amarillo - Oasis RV Resort west of Amarillo on I-40 for two days, then we'll be on to Santa Fe. This is a nice large park, all level paved sites with very reasonable rates and a desert look. Only hitch is they initially put us next to an atypical FMCA camper, a real lady "B" who was using our site's cable and unkindly instructed us not to use the site - like we were the ones with the problem! We got ourselves another site far, far away from her. Life's too short for that...

Guest Wayne77590

LOL: You have a lot more patience than I would have had. My type A would have most likely surfaced although I do try to keep it under control. However, I carry a splitter just in case I get to a site with a bad cable connection. She would have only been without cable for 30 seconds or less. Ha!