Sign in to follow this  
Mike45

Hydro-hot System

We have an 06 Monaco Camelot with a hydro-hot system.

Problem: we do not have enough domestic water. There is plenty for the heat system. This is electric and diesel powered and circulates through engine as well. When we turn on the electric and leave it, it will keep up.

Am wondering if there is a priority switch for domestic vs the heat system, which works well.

The cold showers--not so good!

Mike,

Welcome to the Forum.

Unless they changed, you have an Aqua-Hot System. The system needs to be serviced every year to 18 months. and Run at least 1 a month for 45 min. to 1 hour.

You may need to change the fuel filter and check the coolant level.

The Aqua-Hot unit will heat by electric, diesel and by the engine as you drive down the road. You have two switches, 1 for the hot water and one for diesel.

Unless it is really cold we use the electric side when we are in a CG (use their power and not our diesel). I don't know where you live or how you store your unit but the Aqua-Hot unit has a thermostat in the basement to protect the water and holding tanks. If you can you need to have it hooked up to elec. when parked.

This will keep the Aqua-Hot unit warm and keep your batteries charged.

Hope this helps.

Herman

Herman,

Thanks for the info.

This is the first time we've had this system in a motorhome and it works fine to heat the coach, but we still have a problem with enough domestic hot water. If we turn the electric on after we're parked we have plenty of hot water in a couple of hours. With the coach heating system off and just the diesel burner on with the electric to speed up the domestic water heating for extra shower capacity or washer we never get hot water. cool to warm. The diesel burner seems fine, no smoke, and a nice whine. Am still wondering if there is a priority switch I'm missing or a dirty valve. We recently ran into some bad water in a court in Arkansas that plugged filters and faucets. Just got back from Jacksonville, TX last week and had to winterize as we live in Eastern Montana. It is my understanding, to winterize the Aqua-Hot--- blow it out and pump RV antifreeze through it till it comes out the hot faucets. Correct?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Sorry I can't answer the question about winterizing. We have a insulated building on the farm where we keep the coach and we don't have the severe winters you have in Montana. My feelings though about blowing out the water lines is if I have removed the water then I wont need the pink anti-freeze.

My coach has three valves for the heating system but I know very little about the hot water side. Its the case where we all ways have more then enough hot water so I haven't check into that. Give Aqua-Hot a call and visit with a tech. They may be able to answer your questions and concerns. Be sure and have your model and serial numbers handy when you call.

I have always found that when I have a problem with something on the coach and we haven't solved the problem at happy hour, I can always talk to someone with the mfg. I have never found anyone what was not more then happy to help. Kudos to the Techs.

Herman