Sign in to follow this  
bizsmith@yahoo.com

THE VALLEY, Texas

We know there are hundreds of RV Parks and we need help choosing one for about six weeks starting mid December. We are not looking for cheap nor are we looking for luxury. PRIMARY CRITERIA--PET FRIENDLY for a quiet 40 pounder that likes LONG walks. 40 ft CLASS A with parking for TOAD. Organized activities are not a priority and a swimming pool is not necessary. Handicap is not a necessity but a consideration. We don't play golf. We know there are FORUM readers out there that can and will help.

Illano Grande RV Resort in Mercedes is a 5 star resort, cheap compared to Florida, we are going back in early Dec. Check web site out....also friends of ours stay at A little bit of Heaven resort and love it..

Texas Trails RV resort is very nice and offers a free week for every month you stay.

Good luck

I would suggest that you find a park that will allow your pet and then come on down. Make a reservation for a week and once here, spend your time visiting some of the parks you are interested in before you settle down someplace. I checked one web site which lists over 50 parks here in the RGV. They stretch from South Padre Island to Mission Texas and are pretty evenly distributed throughout this area. The range of parks is amazing and you may find a location near a town, a specific park for dog walking, near your favorite restauants or that meets some other interst you have. The rates here are very reasonable so you may prefer to go with a high end park for what seems like very reasonable rates. If you have the Trailer Life directory, all those parks listed on the above referenced web site should have detailed descriptions to get you started. My sense is that most parks have space available at the present time. They will fill after New Year's but recent years with reduced travel have seen many sites open at most parks throughout the winter season.

We're in the middle of a drought here but tonight it is raining, a good steady hard rain for the second time in several weeks so we may be finally seeing an end to the dry weather. The temperature here is in the 70's and will drop into the upper 50's tonight. It will get somewhat colder during December and January but freezing weather is rare.

hi everyone

We came to the valley from MN in Jan 2011 as our first year in a truck camper and stayed at Mission Bell RV resort for our third season now. The park is very accomidating and friendly with excellent maintainance. and very helpful staff. and very pet friendly. While we're here during the first season, we bought a motorhome. It has much more room than the camper. I've been RVing since I was 2 years old.

Terry, Sun and J Jay