Sign in to follow this  
JerryVerna

HHR toad

They stopped making the HHR in 2011 so you can only find them used. I don't know where you are located but Mayse Auto in Aurora, MO buys all of them they can find from rental car companies and GM company cars. When we bought ours they ONLY had about 35! They usually keep between 45 and 60. They were great to deal with and we have towed ours about 4000 miles.

We had a problem with the battery discharging and even put in a switch to keep from this happening, but it did'nt help. I am told the HHR is wired differently from most cars and I am still working on this problem. Now we use it as a reason to stop every couple of hours and get out and walk around and start the car and let it run.

You might look at the Chevrolet Equinox. It is a little bigger, but we have been very satisfied. Previously we had two Pontiac Vibes which were the same size as the HHR. We would not go back and better fuel mileage. We do have to pull a fuse, but I installed a switch. No problems for the past 25,000 mles towing.

We have a 2002 HHR with 96,000 miles

Plus 60,000 tow miles

No problems only road damage on finish

But we will live with that because our HHR is very reliable

Keep the Faith

The owners owners manual says to pull the #8 fuse 2amp and to make all accessories is off when towing. Did it still run the battery down? The fuse compartment is located on the passenger side floor console. I don't think I have had this problem. But I only towed it 200 miles so far.