Sign in to follow this  
DjDonnyD

I'm A Newbie-- Just Bought Our First Winnebago

First off,Hello Everyone!

Like I said, I'm a newbie to RVing. So please bear with me while I try to explain my problem. I'm from Florida but I'm currently in Connecticut. Came here to help my sick grandmother who just passed and we are ready to move back to Florida. Me and my wife have been here 2 yrs. caring for her.

Sooo, we bought a 1995 Winnebago Adventure (Got a Great price on it and it is in excellent condition w/ low miles.) It is from Florida with a Florida Title (The Winnebago is currently in Connecticut) The title is free and clear and in hand. I don't want to register it in Connecticut since we are moving back to Florida. But, how do I get the Winnebago back to Florida without a plate and Registration.

The Winnebago's Owner passed away in Connecticut and his daughter lives here in Connecticut and she got ownership of the RV when he passed away here in Connecticut (Through Probate).

I would like to avoid trying to get it registered in Connecticut because everything here is sooo costly. Can't wait to head back to Florida. Oh, I do have family in Florida,if that matters.

Any help would be Great! Last hump to jump before we can head back to Florida and start our new RV lifestyle.

THANKS Sooo Much!

post-29360-0-06402500-1356671945_thumb.j

With family in FL. they could get you the required paper work by mail unless their laws are different. The different requirements sometimes make things more interesting to say the least.

Should the state have temporary tags or transporter tags you should be able to work out a solution. You will need to meet all there requirements regarding insurance.

There will be items you need to cover to get the coach ready for a long road trip. Tires, Brakes, Cooling system, Oil and filters, and fuel system are just a few.

Rich.

Ct will issue transport plates, contact CT DMV. Also there are several driveaway companies that will deliver it on their plate. I used Quality driveaway to get mine from Cape Cod to CT. They charge a flat rate and they paid tolls and gas. WWW.qualitydriveaway.com or google for others.