Sign in to follow this  
pmarth

Brake Pedal Noise-- F53

I have a 2006 Damon on a F53 chassis.

When I press the brake pedal (engine off)there is a noise that sounds like hydraulic pumps running, it also occurred when I shut the engine off. Also, the lights on the leveling system flash like a strobe light. Is this normal? This is my first class A, but not my first MH. Thanks

I found this information on your year Chassis.

https://www.fleet.fo...iessd_06mhc.pdf

The sound you are hearing could be the ABS brake pump running. 4 wheel disk brakes with a drive-line Drum Parking brake.

The leveling system is supplied by Damon. Could you post the Leveling System Model number and Make on the thread for us ? The way the Leveling Controls are integrated into the braking system may lead to an answer for the LED flashing issue.

Rich.

It is a LCI Electronic Leveling system. No model number on it. Before, I started the coach I hit the brake pedal and the noise is still there. It is coming from the brake system, so you are probably correct that it is normal for this type of chassis. I started the engine and after running it for a few minutes, I switched it off and the lights on the LCI panel lit up, but I believe its doing it when I turn the key to the off position and accidentally nudge it into the accessory position, and that is what is causing the lights to flash, so could it be like a test function and is also normal?

Thanks for your help, it would have been nice if the coach had the manuals with it.

Thanks for all of your help. I printed out the LCI info to keep in the coach in case I ever have problems with the jacks. Pete