Sign in to follow this  
wmurphy

Macerator Pump Repair/replacement On Itasca Reyo

I have a 2011 Itasca Reyo 25T on a 2010 Sprinter 3500 chassis.

The gray water tank is emptied by a macerator pump, and the pump does not work. The motor seems to run, but I think the impeller is spinning on the shaft, so it does not pump. The pump is partly visible way back behind a water system control panel with valve controls, city water connection, and outside shower controls, etc. mounted on it and some plumbing behind it.

I live at least 100 miles from the nearest dealer and would like to attempt repair/replacement of the the pump myself. While I think the actual repair/replacement of the pump would be pretty straightforward, access to the pump itself appears difficult.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations regarding accessing the macerator pump on the Reyo 25T. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for the response. The macerator pump is made by Shurflow, and barring some unforseen factor, I do think it should be repairable. However, my primary problem is access to the pump in the Reyo. Offhand, it appears that there could be a major forest of plumbing and connections to get through (or remove) in order to access the pump for removal. I am hoping someone out there has some recommendations based on experience in dealing with this problem specifically on the Reyo. Thanks again.