Sign in to follow this  
coachinit

RV Park Near Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone.

We're going to a concert at the Georgia Dome in August.

Does anyone know of someplace to stay that's not too far?

We can take a car if needed, but would prefer not to ( this may be asking too much).

Thanks

Stone Mountain Park is indeed nice, but it would be almost a 20-mile drive. There are a couple MARTA stations towards the east side of town. The Indian Creek station, though, is 8.3 miles from the park, and the Kensington station is 8.5 miles from the park. I tried using the "transit routing" in maps.google.com and got this: transit route. Maybe that would be doable for you, but it looks pretty burdensome to me.

Other than Stone Mountain, there really isn't anything near Atlanta that I'd recommend. We went to several of the RV parks near Atlanta when we had a trailer and just needed a nearby place to do a Spring shakedown and all of them are a L-O-N-G way from the Dome (and many of them completely unsuitable). There is one in Marietta that's maybe OK, and it's a straight shot if you had a car (and could stand horrendous traffic at peak hours).

Bottom line: I'd bring a car and go to Stone Mountain.

Hope that helps,

Skip

Thanks guys. I contacted the Georgia Dome and they are going to have RV parking onsite, but the reservations won't be available until the middle of May.