Sign in to follow this  
Jurisinceptor

Hello to all!

Hello. I've been an FMCA member for a couple of years now. I've been to a couple of rallies and have enjoyed them. I'm not retired. "Jurisinceptor" was the name of my 30' cabin cruiser (Sea Ray Weekender) that I used to keep on the Chesapeake Bay. It was like a floating motorhome but with two, full-inboard 350hp mercruiser engines. If you think filling up a motorhome is expensive, try a boat like that. Anyway, I think motorhoming is more fun.

During the summer, I "move into" my motorhome (The "Bounder Bus") and close up my house and travel the east coast. I have been just about everywhere east of the Mississippi from Key West to Nova Scotia. I have been RVing for the past 10 years. I have a half acre campsite in upstate New York. It has municipal water, septic and electric, and Direct TV installed. Some summmers I go to my camp (I've named it "Camp Hickory Grove") and some Summers I do not. It is located near the baseball hall of fame and many other attractions in upstate New York. If anyone would like to stay, you are more than welcome, just let me know and we can discuss the details.

Inside my coach I have updated the front electronics in a perfectly tasteful way so that the flat panel LCD looks like a factory install. I also installed a roof mounted Winegard sat. dish with an electronic elevation meter so that finding a Sat. is a CINCH. (Since I'm alone, an in-motion dome is not necessary.) When I put on the dish, I also installed XM radio in the coach and utilized the same hole for the external XM antenna. Again, just as if it was a factory install. I have also installed a Midland CB with an external speaker which is convenient for communication with people outside the coach.

I have beefed up the suspension on my Bounder by adding an additional leaf at the drive axle. I also replaced the rubber springs on the More Ryde Tag Axle and dropped the Axle position by one notch. I put correct steering tires on the front of the coach (with nice, heavy side walls). I have had the coach weighed at each wheel and I maintain the correct tire pressure at each wheel. I've replaced, and updated, the kwikee electric steps and have serviced, properly, my power gear levelers. I also do all of the maintenance on my Onan Marquis 5500. (oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter). Two years ago, I had the exhaust re-welded at the manifold of the generator and added an exhaust hanger bracket to the generator's exhaust pipe.