Sign in to follow this  
gmoreno

Falcon to Blue Ox

Hey Everyone:

I have installed a blue ox base plate to my toad. I have a falcon all terrain tow bar. I have the "RM-031" adapter in order for the two products to be compatible for towing. I phoned Roadmaster inc. to confirm that I have all my ducks lined up for proper towing (of course, safety cables, aux brake, etc.) and they have assured me that all is well. They also stated that I no longer need the quick disconnect tow bar that was supplied by Roadmaster and that my tow bar, along with the rm-031 adapters attach directly to the blue ox base plate.

Can anyone confirm this? Is everything safe? Of course, I made sure that base plate was attached properly and that I have used the provided safety cable that came with the tow bar. Is there anything else I need?

I have a toad charger and lights are all set up. My precise question is to confirm that in fact, I no longer need the quick disconnect tow bar and that it is safe to tow. I'll also welcome any other advice for towing or set-up. I'm switching from front-wheels up to four wheels down, so just want to make sure I've got all my bases covered, and then some.

Thanks,

Robert